Management of community support projects of JSC “Latvijas kuģniecība”
Companies of the JSC “Ventspils nafta” Group are focused on investing in initiatives and projects promoting development of Latvia because we believe that any company's business success in the long-term is closely related to wellbeing of the local community.
Community investment policy of “Latvijas kuģniecība”
JSC “Latvijas kuģniecība” (LK) is a company with 75 years of experience in transportation of crude oil and petroleum products, as well as chemical substances by different-sized tankers worldwide. By contributing into development and popularisation of the seafaring sector, we support initiatives and projects that encourage preservation of historical heritage and development of seafaring-related education.
Over 500 professionals and highly qualified seafarers from Latvia currently work for the company. To have people from our country still working in the JSC “Latvijas kuģniecība” fleet in ten and twenty years, we invest knowledge and financial resources into educating future seafarers and popularising the seafaring field in the society.
Community investment policy of LK
- To popularise the seafaring field and promote its recognisability in the society
- To invest into education related to seafaring
- To invest into preservation of historical seafaring traditions
Policy principles: fairness, financial support, transparent process.
Types of support:
- Financial support (donations, gifts, grants, sponsorship)*
- Internship opportunities**
* - LK also provides financial support for funeral expenses of the company’s former seamen. To apply for such support, send an e-mail to email@example.com
or call: +67020111.
** - to apply for internship, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +67020158.